Thursday, April 11, 2019
Week 10: Clean Up
This week I cleaned up the data of the skate park bench that I scanned. I used the quad draw tool in Maya to clean up the geometry in the bench. The first thing that I did was create the geometry of all of the faces that are on the bench, which is 19 faces. Once I cleaned up all of the faces I started to fill in all of the in-betweens to complete the rest of the bench. While doing this things started to lag after around 3,000 faces, I found that you need to delete your history then everything gets smooth again.
When I finished creating the model I was able to reUV the model to get rid of the bad UV's. Once that was completed I threw the model into ZBrush to add polygon density to the UV's and the model so that it is prepared for Photoscan.
In Photoscan I imported the high poly model from ZBrush and re-baked the textures onto the new UV's. That way they look way better than the old ones and the textures fit my new UV's.
Once I was finished with exporting my new textures out of Photoscan I was able to drop the high and low poly models into substance painter. In painter I was able to bake all of the detail maps from the high poly model to the low poly model.
At the end I was able to bring the 6 million poly model from Photoscan down to just over 18,000 faces. Overall the model came out looking really good and the renders look great. Here is everything that I have to showcase the model.
I have a few scans that I need to process and see if they work. It will either be the two hands that are near Rotary Park, or it will be a micro environment of the small face pillars that sit outside the Jamba Juice. If they do then I will retop that model for next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment