Thursday, April 4, 2019

Week 9: Clean up/Photoscanning

This week I cleaned up the model and UV data that I had gotten from my scan of the rose sisters. I started out by retoping the model that I exported out of photoscan in Maya using the quad draw tool. This allowed me to create a new model around the old one.


I then was able to reUV the new model that I created in Maya, this will allow me to clean up the bad UV's that are usually created in Photoscan. 


Once that is completed I throw the low and high poly models into ZBrush and I divide and project the model around the high poly model so that I have better edge flow and UV's. I also use ZBrush to create the final version of the low poly model. This time around their were a few imperfections in the from data so I had to use ZBrush to fix some of the bad areas. 



I then take the High poly model with the new UV's and I drop it into Photoscan to reapply the textures. This way the textures look alot cleaner and more organized. The new texture maps looked like this: 




Once the textures were baked back onto the models new UVs the next thing to do was to drop the low poly model that I created in ZBrush into Substance Painter. Then I baked all of the texture maps needed to add the final detail to the textures of the low poly model. 


I think that the final product came out looking very good. I was able to bring their poly count down to just over 18,000 polygons which seems to have captured the form very well. Here are my beauty shots of the model:









Lastly I have scanned my next object that I am going to clean up. It is a concrete bench that sits at the Chico skate park. I have taken the photos and I have run the data through Photoscan already. The data looks really clean and very well constructed. I will clean up the data next week. Here is my data from alignment to built textures.







No comments:

Post a Comment