Sunday, February 18, 2018

Week 4: Modeling



This week I finished making the church and the priests house that are next to each other. In the house I decided to create the window frames using geometry instead of textures. I have also cleaned up much of the geometry on the church so that it is all clean and efficient. The priests house was hard to make but worked out relatively well.



I think that it was a good call to model the windows into the church because it looks a lot more realistic than if I just used textures. I plan to simulate a light behind the window by using an illuminate texture on a plane in the shape of the window that I'm trying to light up.


The priests house was hard to create but I think that it looks pretty good. I decided to used the duplicate special tool to create the arches that are around the building. It took me a while to figure out but once I did it worked pretty well.



This is the church and the priests house with a couple of lamp posts put in to show what the set up should look like in the rendering engine Marmoset Toolbag. 


I intend to start modeling the environment starting with the ground plane so I know how wide the river is supposed to be. That way I know how big the bridge is supposed to be in order to cross the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment