Sunday, February 4, 2018

Week 2: Modeling

This week I began modeling many of the objects that are in the scene. This included the lamppost, the bridge lamps, the gazebo, and the boat. I thought it would be better to start out with these props because they could be done as a group. 



The lamp post was my favorite prop to do because I got to use the curve and revolve tools. Using those tools you can create some beautiful designs for posts. One of the hardest parts of the lamppost was creating the supports for the lamp itself, it took me a while to find the right curve but I found it eventually. 



The gazebo was a fun structure to do, in the painting it is hard to see many of the small details but the overall details are pretty clear. Trying to figure out the number of polls that go around the gazebo was not easy but I think I figured it out. The wire frame roof was fun to make and I think it looks pretty close to the one in the painting. 



The bridge lamp was pretty easy to make. Once I had the lamppost done I took the lamp off the post and created a new base for it. That way it sits nicely on the bridge. 



Lastly I built the boat that is in the bottom left corner of the painting. I'm probably going to change this boat a bit because it is so smooth, I want it to have more defined edges.   


Next week I will be completing the church that is in the painting as well as hopefully finishing the bridge. The toughest part about modeling the church will be trying to complete the sides that I cant see. The bridge will be an interesting task as well.   
              

No comments:

Post a Comment