Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 3: Modeling

Last week I had jumped the gun and began modeling the props in my scene and completely forgot to do a blocking scene for my painting. Here it is...



This week I started working on the main structures that are inside the painting. I started working on the church first because it would be the hardest structure to model and it is the main focus in the painting. So far I have practically finished modeling the whole church. The major decision that I need to make is if I will be modeling the windows or saving polygons and texturing them.


One of the hardest parts of modeling the church was getting the dimensions of the church correct. Also the two windows in the front of the church were really hard to make because I used a Boolean to cut the geometry into the building. But I think I did a good job at cleaning up the geometry. 


One of my favorite parts of the model was the front door. I think that it is the one of the better parts of the model and it came out looking really good. 


Next week I plan to make my final decision on weather I will texture or model the windows of the church. I will also try to have the priests house, the bridge, and the rest of the church done. I will also start learning how to use the program Tree It for all of the trees in the painting.   

    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment