When I started working on the environment I wanted to start with the things in the scene that are the most prominent. So made the most noticeable trees in treeit. It was a little hard to work in the software because most of the adjustments that can be done to the trees can only be done using the sliders on the settings bar. There are no real 3D manipulation tools.
An issue that I had in Marmoset was that the leaves on the trees came out to look way smaller than they did in the Treeit view port. The best way to fix this was to go into TreeIt and make the leave of the tree bigger.
Once I had the main trees finished I went on to trying to create bush for the ground. Unfortunately there isn't any software strictly for making bushes. So it took me a while to try and figure out a solution to creating bushes. Then I thought about the tree brushes in Maya. If I deleted the trunks and only kept the leaves the canopy would look like a bosh. Luckly this worked so i created one of the bushed from the picture. I then went in and saw what other foliage the painting tool might have.
Now that I have figured out a way to make more bushes and trees I plan to peace different parts of the brush presets together to look like the plants in the painting. This will hopefully help fill in some of the empty space that is in the environment.




No comments:
Post a Comment