Sunday, March 11, 2018

Week 7: Modeling Environment

This week I have finished modeling all of the foliage that is in the painting. This included many of the bushes and the trees in the scene. Once they were completed and modeled I brought them into the rendering engine and dispersed them to the spots that needed foliage. Lastly I created the silhouette of the trees that are in the background of the scene.





When it came to the foliage there were five main bushes that I created. All of the foliage was made by using the paint effects tools in Maya. In Toolbag all I did was apply a green material to the plains because they filled the scene better than if I used a leaf texture. To add the flower I took the pedals from the flower brushes and populated the base bush I made with different flowers. 





When it came to the silhouette of the trees I used just a little bit of trickery, all I did was create a cylinder and cut it into a third section then deleted the top and bottom faces. I UV'd it and made a silhouette picture using a bunch of tree silhouettes I found online. After changing the settings and creating an alpha layer for the trees in Photoshop I was able to create a believable treeline. Then using the fog in Toolbag I was able to make it look like it was in the distance.  



Now that all of the foliage and the environment of the painting is pretty much modeled I will begin working on UV'ing and texturing the ground plain and all of the structures in my scene. I will be using Substance Painter to create the textures that will be used in this painting.   

   
   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment