Once the model was UV'd I was able to drop it into Zbrush to divide and project the mesh around the high poly model. This process allows me to recreate a high poly model with better geometry and more organized UV's.
Then I throw the new high poly model from Zbrush into Agisoft. With the new UV's I re-projected the textures on the new model with the new UV's so they look a lot better than the old ones.
Now that the UV's have been cleaned up the next thing that needs to be done is bake the textures onto the low poly model from the high poly model. I use Substance Painter to do this process then the software allows me, through the use of layering, to add effects that can make the model look more realistic. For this model I added some gloss to the tiles and made sure the plaster seams didn't shine to give the seat some more realism.
Next Week I plan on scanning an object that I have in my house. He is a Fairy Tales Ent that I've had for a wile. I think he will be fun to try and capture.

No comments:
Post a Comment