Thursday, March 7, 2019

Week 6: Photoscanning

This week I scanned my next object that I will be cleaning up. The object that I have chosen is a small fairy tales Ent that I keep in my house for decoration. I chose this peace because while I've been having fun scanning big object that are outside I wanted to try scanning an object that is a little smaller.


Once again I forgot to capture the process of creating the masks for processing higher detail in Photoscan. But I went through the process of creating a low detail model to mask out the images and allow photoscan to process a much higher quality model in a shorter period of time. There weren't any issues that I ran into while processing the data, everything went very smoothly.



The form data that I was able to capture really came out great. I was really glad that the texture of the wood came out well and that the grooves and knot holes came out looking very well defined.


Although I had perfect weather for this scan, one small issue that I had while scanning is that I did may scan on my porch near my house because it was raining, so one side of the trees texture data looks a little shaded while the rest of the tree is in the light. I will go back and fix the levels of the textures so there is even lighting. 






This week I tested a technique for scanning parts of my house where I scan a peace of the house and process it, then scan another peace of the house and process it. Once I have all of the peaces that I need I will put them together to create a whole room.

This is the first pass that I have processed. Unfortunately the scan messed up and it played a game of Honey I Shrunk The Counter. Some how the software blended the middle of the counter so a major peace of the counter is overlapping. So I'm going to try and rerun the scan and post the results tomorrow morning before class. But here is the results that I have currently.   


No comments:

Post a Comment