This week I took the model that was created from the scan data and retoped it and UVed it so that the textures looked more organized and the poly count wasn't too high. The first thing that I did was take the high poly model and put it into Maya so that I could retop using the quad draw tool. The toughest part about his topology is that he has a bunch of small limbs so it is tough to create character topology for the model.
Once I have retoped the model in Maya I then have to UV it so that I can reapply the new textures to the new model. Once the UV's have been completed I brought the new low poly model into Zbrush and then imported the high poly model and used the divide and project tools to create a high poly model and low poly model with the new UV's
Next I export out the high poly model and import it back into photoscan where I rebuild the textures onto the new model allowing me to apply texture to the new UV's. This makes the UV and texture maps look a lot cleaner.
Once I have baked out the texture I then throw the model into Substance Painter where I bake the model detail from the high poly model onto the low poly model. It was here where I fixed the slight lighting issue that I had on the texture data so it looks like the model is evenly lit. When I baked out the new color texture I threw it into Photoshop to lighten the levels a little bit.
Here are the final renders and videos that I made to showcase the model.
I also got an art station so here is the model in Marmoset Viewer.
No comments:
Post a Comment