Thursday, March 28, 2019

Week 8: Photoscanning

This week I scanned what I am dubbing "The Rose Sisters." These are three statues that sit outside looking over the roses near the Chico State rose garden. I chose to do these because they have a lot of great texture. For this scan I took 628 photos and ran them through Photoscan.


For my first pass I aligned the images running the tie point process at medium.

\


Then I ran the dense cloud process at medium. Everything was looking pretty good.


Then I created the model and ran the masking function on the photos so that it would use the generated model to create masks for each of the 628 photos.

Once the Masks were complete I ran the photo alignment again at a higher setting. It took a few hours but the photos did end up aligning. It was when I tried to generate the dense cloud at a higher setting that it started to take almost too long.


Now that I have canceled that process I have decided that I will use the medium setting model that I used for the masks. The form data that was constructed in the old model doesn't look that bad even though there were some parts of the statue that I couldn't shoot. 


Then I built the textures for the model and it made everything look pretty good so I will be sticking with this scan.


Next week I will be working on cleaning up the UV's and the geometry so that it isn't a few million polygons.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment