This week I worked on texturing the ground that everything sits on and the ripples that are in the water. I used Substance Painter for texturing the ground and I used Zbrush to sculpt the ripples in the water. I lastly changed some settings in the rendering engine to make the picture look more complete.
I first started working on the ripples in the water, while sculpting in Zbrush I needed a way to know where the river banks were. So I decided to take a top-down screen shot of the scene and then applied the image to the plane as a texture so I knew where to sculpt. this worked perfectly and I was able to create some good ripples.
I then worked on texturing the ground plane, I imported my model into Substance Painter and used a moss texture that I found on Substance Share that works really great with this scene. I then used masks to paint the ground so that it had a little bit of dirt and grass on it. Since the plane is so big I decided to test out substance's new 8k maps and I think it came out looking pretty good.
Once that was done I put my own little personal touch on the name of the boat in the painting since it isn't very visible in the painting. The name comes from a boat that my family owned on the East Coast.
Lastly I messed around with some of the post processing effects in Marmoset Toolbag that allowed me to add certain camera effects to make the scene look more like the painting.
No comments:
Post a Comment