Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week 13: Vines/Touch Ups

This week I worked on covering some of the main structures in the scene with some vines that have flowers on them. I also worked to add a few lighting and texturing touches to the scene that would help make the scene look like the painting.


I first started by making the vines that cover the church, the bridge and the priests house, this was no easy task. I used the paint effects tools in Maya to create the initial vines and leaves of the main vine that goes up the walls. Unfortunately the flowers that I used had reversed normals so in the rendering engine the geometry would disappear. But once fixed they looked pretty good.




I also changed the textures of the bushes from the green color they were to real leaves. The hardest part about this bit was trying to make the leaves a large enough size. I think that the bushes look a little bit more natural like this.



Last week in class I was looking at my renders and I was thinking really hard trying to figure out how to create the light reflections on the water. Ricardo was sitting next to me an suggested that I create a couple lights right above the water so that they reflect better than the lights above. This worked perfectly and really helped the scene out a lot.


Lastly I changed the color of the ground plane from my last render because I felt that the ground looked a little too dark. I have also adjusted some settings inside the rendering engine to try and mimic the lighting that is in the painting. Here are my renders from last week and this week.

This week:

Last week:

Next week I intend to add pieces of geometry in certain areas to give the image some effects that the rendering engine can't produce. For example, I can't create a smoke effect in the engine so I need to sculpt it in Z-Brush as a mesh first. Then I can apply a transparency to it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment